Zarqa University has chosen an approach, since it came to existence, which guarantees
its success and meets its policy, away from financial success and failure. The university
sees Arabic Language as one of the main building blocks of the nation. So, Arabic
language and Literature was established in the first semester of the academic year
1994-1995.At the present time, the department of Arabic language and Literature
involves 13 academic staff members.
Excellence in the provision of academic, scientific, and educational services in
the major of Arabic language and literature at the level of B.A and higher education
in the fields of teaching, research, and community-based services.
- To prepare scientific and research staffs specialized in the major of Arabic language
and literature to contribute in satisfying the national, Arabian, and international
- To serve the Arabic language and the human knowledge by proposing researches and
- To serve the society with respect to the Arabic language and literature by holding
or participating activities, lectures, seminars, and conferences.
- To graduate qualified staffs in the major of Arabic language and literature at different
levels corresponding to the philosophy and mission of the university.
- To preserve Arabic language, to elevate its status, and to be careful in using and
employing the language correctly in the different aspects of life.
- To explore and improve the students` literary talents in order to make them able
to be creative in the major of Arabic language.
- To connect the educated person with his nation`s heritage and culture especially
in the fields of language and literature. Also to have a look on the Arab thought
products` in the past and now in this framework.
- To make use of the new scientific and technical out comes in the field of learning
and acquiring language.
- To spread Arabic language and to be proud of it in the frame of combining authenticity
- To meet with the needs of the local, Arabian and regional society of the specialists
in Arabic language to work in the scientific, educational, academic, media and Administrative
- To make the students acquiring the appropriate knowledge and information in Arabic
language and literature and its four skills.
- To improve the linguistic and literary skills of the students that make them able
to evaluate correctly what they hear or read.
- To enhance the skills of scientific research in the fields of language and literature.