The Faculty is committed to graduate highly qualified nursing personnel who are
able to provide comprehensive and holistic nursing care for individuals, families,
and communities, as well as facing challenges in a rapid changing environment. Because
high quality of education depends on technological advancement and scientific discovery;
the faculty encourages conduction of research that based on community's needs as
a way to serve the community.
Faculty of Nursing at Zarqa University is keen to be a distinguished academic institution
in graduating competent nurses meeting the national and international nursing standards.
The Faculty philosophy is a reflection of the university philosophy which is derived
from Islamic principles and Arabic culture that emphasize the uniqueness of each
student. Also, this philosophy respects the dignity of each individual and believes
that students have the right to get effective teaching that is based on their needs
and abilities and meets the local, regional and international communities' requirements.
Since scientific researches and teaching are considered the basic principles for
improving the graduates' efficiency, the faculty supports and participates in both
Faculty members believe that each student is considered a unique individual with
unique needs considering individual's values and beliefs. All students have the
right to receive effective education leading to better professionalism. The faculty
has been approaching scientific research and community services as core elements
of professional development.
- Student-centered learning
- Life-long learning
Strategic Goals :
- Reinforce the level of academic excellence for which Faculty of Nursing at Zarqa
University is recognized.
- Enhance the quality of faculty staff members and improve scientific research productivity.
- Maintain an effective work and educational environment for staff and students to
improve the teaching learning process.
- Maintain excellence in accreditation requirements of nursing program.
- Invest in human resources to ensure continuous development.
- Maintain distinguished community services.