It was established at the beginning of the academic year 1994-1995. So, studies
were to start after 1994. The department gets involved in general activities within
the faculty, university and local community, such as celebrating religious events
in mosques, schools and clubs, holding faculty’s scientific day, holding legal jurisprudential
open meeting with students, participating in Colloquiums and specialized courses
as well as cooperating with the Islamic cultural center.
The department also has academically cooperative relations with counterpart departments
in universities inside and outside the kingdom. This shall help in fostering cooperation
and solidarity with local and academic communities at local and international levels.
Labs and installations:
The department is renowned for its specialized academic staff members, new methods
of teaching, practical training in recitation labs, Hadith externalization specialized
library and latest electronic externalization methods.
Graduate fields of work:
Foundations of Religion alumni can work in the following fields:
- A teacher of Islamic education, Quraan recitation and Islamic sciences for different
elementary and secondary grades in governmental and private schools, inside and
outside the kingdom.
- An imam, Muezzin or supervisor of a Quraan learning centers at the ministry of
Endowments and Islamic affairs.
- A religious judge, religious lawyer or public notary in lawful religious courts.
Alumni can also complete their MA and PhD studies in the following majors: Exposition
of Quran (Tafsir), Quranics, Hadith, Islamic creed (‘Aquida), Comparison of religions,
Islamic philosophy, Islamic studies (Shari’a), Da’wah (call for Islam), Islamic
media and can work in consultation and research centers.
The department seeks to achieve the highest standards of quality and academic accreditation
in education, qualification and research and maintain Religion principles and Shari’a
Seeking to create scientific outcomes in accordance with comprehensive quality standards
in the field of education, research, train distinguished specialists who are loyal
to their religion and interactive with their community and enable them to perform
an effective role in serving community in the lawful aspects, practically and theoretically
in a way which reflects the image of true Islam.
The faculty seeks to achieve the following objectives:
• Graduating students capable of understanding legislative rules and implement them
in accordance with the general purposes of Islamic legislation.
• Raising religious awareness among the individuals in the community, and spreading
the spirit of compliance with the rules of Islam.
• Contributing effectively to scientific research papers, conferences, seminars
and different studies, particularly in the fields and issues characterized by modernity
in order to create a sound jurisprudential opinion without contradiction with the
legislative purposes and achieve the interest of both individuals and community.
• Demonstrating the bright image of Islam and creating the objective scientific
mentality characterized by moderation and centralism.
• Paying special attention to Islamic jurisprudence and its divisions, particularly
deduction and rooting.
• Creating Islamic personality faithful to its religion, country and nation, marked
by understanding deeply the Islamic religion and gathering modernity and tradition.
• Creating criticism talent, developing the skill of reading, deducing, concluding
and writing scientific researches.
• Training and preparing specialized scientific competences that meet the needs
of contemporary Islamic community inside and outside, in the fields of teaching
Exposition(Tafsir), Hadith, Islamic creed (‘Aquida), Comparison of religions, Imamah
( leadership), Khatabah (rhetoric), Da’wah (call for Islam), and creating scientific
heritage • Making progress in methods and curricula of education established in
the faculty to fit the requirements of current issues.