Article 1: Regulations
The following are called "Scientific Research Regulations at Zara University" to
take effect at the beginning of the academic year 1996 / 1997
Article 2: The following terms shall have the assigned meanings unless otherwise
Scientific Research Council
Dean of Scientific Research and Graduate Studies
Deanship of Scientific Research and Graduate Studies
Article 3: Research papers shall be sponsored according to the following steps:
a. An application is presented to the Scientific Research Council on a form which
is prepared and approved for this purpose by Council.
b. The Research Proposal form shall contain the following: .
1. Researcher’s name, seniority, department and faculty.
2. Proposed research title .
3. Research objectives .
4. Brief of the topic literature.
5. Brief of the researcher’s works related to the research.
6. Brief of the aspects expected to realize in the research.
7. Research plan and schedule for basic stages.
8. Research’s expected requirements (research assistants, equipment, materials,
travel, references, stationery, etc.).
9. University potentials to facilitate the research.
10. Any data relevant to applicant, such as whether the they have already applied
for sponsorship to the university or any other party.
11. Department head’s written recommendation.
12. Faculty dean’s administrative recommendation.
13. Research Council’s recommendation, to be written by the Dean.
c. The researcher shall present the research to the relevant department head.
d. The department council shall look into the research proposal, write comments
on the application form and refers it to the faculty dean.
e. The department head shall refer the department’s written recommendation to the
faculty dean in the specified space in the form and keep a copy of the application.
f. The faculty dean shall refer the Research Proposal Application to the faculty’s
Scientific Research Committee to study it and submit a relevant report to the faculty
g. The faculty dean shall make his own recommendation to the Dean of Scientific
Research and Higher Studies in the specified space in the Research Proposal Application
form and keep a copy of the application.
h. The Scientific Research Council shall looks into the proposals and make the proper
recommendations, mainly in appreciating the required effort to conduct the research
as well as the type and amount of finance.
i. The Scientific Research Council shall make a recommendation about the research
in a maximum of 2 months since the reception of the application.
j. The major researcher shall submit a report at the end of each semester to the
relevant department head, to be referred to the Dean of Scientific Research and
Graduate Studies. The report shall make a complete presentation of achievements
related to the research as well as a list of expenditures.
k. The major researcher shall submit a copy of the research when it is finished.
The abovementioned copy shall be typed, and attached by an English abstract if the
research is written in Arabic, or an Arabic abstract if the research is written
in a foreign language.
l. The scientific Research Council shall referee the research upon its completion
and request assistance from experts inside or outside ZU for a reward to be assigned
by the Council and approved by the President. The Council may also consider the
research’s acceptance for publication in a refereed, specialized journal a positive
assessment of the research.
m. The researcher may publish his paper in any way he deems appropriate, provided
that he mentions ZU’s finance..
n. The approved finance to the researcher may be suspended or retrieved according
to a decision by the Council of Deans based on a recommendation by the Scientific
Research Council in any of the following cases:.
1. Failing to carry out the research in its stages specified in the Research Proposal
Application without any justification accepted by the Scientific Research Council.
2. Scientific Research Council’s conviction of the researcher’s default on carrying
out the research.
3. Evidence of spending the amount for purposes other than the research .
o. Administrative employees’ papers may be financed. In this case, an application
is submitted to the head of the relevant unit, who refers it to the Dean, who refers
it to the Scientific Research Council.
p. 1. The research finance decision is taken as follows:.
A. A decision is made by the university President, based on a recommendation by
the Dean, if the finance is not more than JD250.
B. A Decision is made by the university President, based on a recommendation by
the Scientific Research Council, if the finance is not more than JD1,000.
C. A decision by the Council of Deans, based on a recommendation by the Scientific
Research Council, if the finance is more than JD1,000.
2. The finance is given in accordance with the financial system and within the limits
of the budget allowances.
q. Based on a recommendation by the Scientific Research Council, the Council of
Deans may approve financing a research proposal joint between ZU and one or more
r. Based on a recommendation by the Scientific Research Council, the Council of
Deans may approve financing a research proposal joint between a ZU faculty member
or administrative employee and the members of any other institution.
s. For the purposes of travel related to the research, finance shall only be limited
to one researcher if the research is a joint one provided that:
1. The ticket cost shall not exceed JD500.
2. The daily residence allowance shall be according to ZU’s Salaries and Allowances
Regulations, and shall not exceed JD700.
t. For the purposes of travel related to the research, finance shall only be approved
by means of an official request from the hosting institution to approve the receipt
of the research and facilitate the required procedures to conduct the research.
The above approval shall not include the libraries and institutions which automatically
allow researchers to read and use their references and manuscripts.
u. Based on a recommendation by the Scientific Research Council, the Council of
Deans may entrust one or more researchers at ZU to conduct a specific research.
The Council of Deans shall decide its amount and terms of finance.
Article 4: Publication is financed as follows:
a. ZU finances the publication of research papers, studies, translations and verified
manuscripts (later all called "manuscripts").
b. The publication finance applications shall be submitted on a Publication Finance
Application Form, along with two copies of the final manuscript to be published.
c. The Scientific Research Council refers the manuscript to one or more experts
inside or outside ZU for assessment, if not previously assessed by ZU or any other
party reliable for assessment, for a moderate reward assigned by the Scientific
Research Council and approved by the President.
d. On a special form, the experts to the which the manuscript is referred for assessment
are requested to make their recommendations with regard to the following:
1. Scientific value.
2. Scientific methodology.
3. Scientific verification.
4. Accuracy and writing style.
5. Translation style and accuracy of the translated books, as well as benefit of
publishing such a translation.
6. Documentation and integrity.
e. The Scientific Research Council shall make a recommendation about the finance
before the publication of the manuscript. The applicant undertakes the following:.
1. The Scientific Research Council notes.
2. Publishing the statement "financed by Zarqa University" on the inner and outer
covers in a clear manner.
f. The following shall be considered with regard to finance and publication:
1. Partial or full finance shall be decided according to a recommendation by the
Scientific Research Council.
2. ZU shall decide the publication house in accordance with ZU’s relevant regulations.
3. The finance shall be paid to a publication house in accordance with ZU’s relevant
4. The researcher shall be responsible for the proofreading and follow-up of the
5. When the publication is completed, the researcher submits 50 copies to the Deanship
of Scientific Research for the purposes of documentation, dedication and exchange
with universities and other institutions.
g. The Scientific Research Council may make a recommendation to the Presidency to
finance any papers, studies, manuscripts or translations which serve ZU’s mission.
h. The following terms are applicable to ZU’s publications:
1. Based on a recommendation by the Scientific Research Council, the Council of
Deans shall decide the number of copies of each publication.
2. The author shall be given 100 copies.
3. Based on a recommendation by the Scientific Research Council, the Council of
Deans shall decide a reward to be given to the author.
i. The Scientific Research Dean shall refer the Scientific Research Council’s recommendation
to the President to approve it.
j. Finance is given in accordance with ZU’s financial system and within the limits
of the budget allowances.